(Fwd) 70mm Infrared, Color + B&W....the end is near....:((((

Not sure what the bottleneck is at Kodak....either the minimum-order
batch of about US$5k (several industrial/aerial/academic/military
clients couldn't care less), or the same problem MACO faced for some
years: finding a replacement for their worn/broken 70mm cutting-
machine.
(for less than the (also below mentioned) near US$100k price tagged
to this exotic machinery))

However, MACO just announced that they have this format going again,
see next forwarded message.
Not sure if they would also be willing to cut different brands of
film on request, in particular doubtful for HIE/Aerographic-IR (since
that conflicts with their own 840nm film), but for EIR/Aerochrome-IR
there might be less hesitation.

Willem (crossing his fingers that MACO will also be able to create a
full HIE/920nm replacement before the Kodak analog branch
deteriorates even further) Jan

Send reply to:  	<MKJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>