Re: Gallery of 30th July - Jim's Hawk

> I prefer the corrected but blatantly satanic blue sky version.

Greg

I think I've made a mistake in messing about with other people's
images.  It was supposed to be by way of illustration - "a picture is
worth a thousand..." and all that - but in a way it's treading on
someone else's toes.

Jim put his shot in the gallery because that's how HE liked it and
ATEOTD it's his shot.
Emily likes the hazy blacks-free look of her images.
Steve no doubt likes the blown out highlights on his peppers.

I'd thought about doing a review of the whole gallery but thinking
about it ... well I could say WOW to Pini's shot (I really liked
that).  I could comment that I was drawn to something in Jeff's
without understanding what it was. But the lesson is also - if the
author has placed the shots there as they want them to be viewed what
business is it of anyone else to tell them how they should have been
done?

I was tempted (as Vlad's insistence) to clone in a fluffy little dog
onto Jeff's shot (to soften the harshness) but I think that would be
missing the point ...

Barnet