PF Exhibits on 30 JUL 05 - Emily's washed out ...

... shot in the gallery?

>Emily L. Ferguson - Two Salutes

Emily

THis week's shot has the same bleached-out effect on my PC monitor as
the last one.

Just in case it was my monitor not your shot I loaded it into PS
(without profile conversion) and had a look at the Histograms:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/photoforum/xmas/original-histogram.gif

As you can see -  great big gap where the shadows should be.

Anyways, by way of illustration, I tweaked the levels a little -
croped some of the dead foreground - and produced the following ...
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/photoforum/xmas/ferguson-2c.jpg
which to me does much more justice to the subject.

- Histogram of resulting image:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/photoforum/xmas/leveled-histogram.gif

 Now I know you are not a beginner - and your pictures didn't used to
look washed out ... so what's changed?

Bob