Gallery Comments for 2005-07-16

>                Emily L. Ferguson - July 4th
Washed out.
Learn to use histograms.
Even the simple step of applying auto-levels enables me to start
appreciating the colours in this image.

PS: is the dummy a scale-model of an average Texan?

>                Herschel Mair - Spoon dates
Excellent Documentary Image
Don't change a thing

I'd love a link to the whole story.

>                Renate Volz - End of the Rope
Mmmmm ....
I like the swirly effect but the poor technical capture (detail) of
the bug lets this down.

Love the pictures on your web site BTW ... sort of digital
kaleidescopy ....

>                Steve Shapiro - One of . . . Pepper series
Boring

>                Guy Glorieux - To the beach...
Now I've read the blurb I understand this is not just a crappy family
snapshot but a skilled attempt to produce documentary images that have
the look and feel of crappy family snapshots :o)

Documenting physiques on beaches over the years.  Does it prove people
are fatter today or that fat people are no longer too embarrassed to
be
seen in pubic?

>                Per Ofverbeck -
Love this shot again
A lot of advice on scenes holding reflections tells not to make them
half-and-half but this one works for me exactly as it is.  Heck, the
horizon is even perfectly vertical.

>                David Small - Lap Dogs
Very Funny
Have you gone for a digital compact though?  I'm sure in your film
days you would have captured the shot before the woman on the left
clocked you.

>                Jeff Spirer - Cook
Classic Spirer.

Just a quality image, well presented.

>                Bob Talbot - Paper
Fantastic Image
The best in the gallery for nearly 3 years.

The newspaper headline dates it a bit though:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/photoforum/xmas/papercrop.jpg
I guess with PS one could clone in more modern headlines to bring it
up to date.

Note for Chris:
These days the government death squads could shoot that chap "on
suspicion" merely for placing his rucksack on the ground. It's the new
reality of London.

>                Pini Vollach - Athens 2005
Vermin

No matter how you dress it up graffiti vandals are scum and should be
shot.
Either that or tax cans of spray paint.

Oh, so it's Athens: could be any major city these days ... sadly

Thanks to Andy, without whom this gallery and  list would fold ...