Re: PF Exhibits on 02 JUL 05

Well, don't expect me to apologise for sending a pretensionless photograph, because it wasn't pretensionless.

As Marilyn has pointed out, there ARE creatures in the forest (thanks, Marilyn!) and however shaked, misfocused and dull the shot may be, it has recorded (as truthfully as the magnetic media allows) the secret message. Who am I to translate with my feeble keyboard the boosted words,still humming in my brain semispheres: SHAKE, THOU, MORTAL - THE F-STOP SUCKS BIG TIME!

Peeter
Andy

What a dreadfully dull group of images.

It's almost as if they were taken to illustrate a tutorial on bad
technique
- Focus
- Camera shake
- Exposure
- Cropping

While I guess with 4th July so close everyone's preparing for the big
day (*).
Can the gallery staff not apply some degree of quality control on
those accepted?

Well, Q, speaking for my own image only, it was fired off to help fill the gallery with no real pretensions that it was a great photo.  I know it needs cropping at the least.  There always seems to be a dearth of photos from week to week.  So, practically, the staff probably can't exercise any judgment nor, philosophically, should they.  I'm somewhat surprised to see such a question coming from you.  You've been around the forum for quite a while, you know the problems getting any images submitted let alone images that meet your standards.  And, most importantly, you know the criteria that define the PhotoForum gallery.  Your reviews are always valuable but what is the value of your post?  For that matter, what is the value of this reply?  Are we getting existential here?  Enjoy the fireworks.
Don

   Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, IA
  And the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty,
  but is it Art?".   --  Rudyard Kipling