RE: Phoshop questions

Hi,

What I would do is leave the extract tool,
Go to the channels
take a look at all different color channels
decide which has the most amount of contrast between the hair and the backgdround,
make a copy of that channel,
use levels to boost the contrast all the way so that the dark hair vs the white background will make a natural mask
load this as a selection
go to layers
make a copy of the background layer
apply the selection as a layer mask
use gaussian blur on the layer mask
take a very soft brush, bring opacity and flow to less than 10%
work on the edges of the mask to perfect the mask to your liking
using this mask cut out the image.

put the image on the new background,

now you have the white color spillage from the former background around the periphery of the cut out hair

get a soft small brush,
using the color from the new background turn the mode to "color", and paint on the white spillage..

HTH

Veli Izzet