RE: test

Andy don't listen to the anarchists who claim you should develop the unused film. I'm not sure of your religious affiliation, but I believe is you're a Catholic photographer, much like sperm, it is a sin to waste undeveloped film. Do it and you'll go blind. Now if you're just a run-of-the-mill heathen then do what you like.

Unless I'm doing specific testing, it generally takes me a month or so to finish off a 36 exposure roll and by then I've forgotten what was on it. I like the Christmas day feeling of developing the film and going 'oh yeah...I remember shooting that' as I examine the negatives.

The only time I 'bracket' my shots is  when I realize right away that I forgot to set something on the camera. I lose all interest in a subject immediately after the shutter closes and with portraits, my subject usually either slip away quietly when I turn my back or storm off yelling.

Greg

PS Obviously there are no photographers at Microsoft. My spell checker flagged 'Leica' 'IIIg' and 'Summicron'. Now there's a bunch of heathens for ya.