Re: I thought this was interesting

AZ,
        My impression of this art show was that technology has produced so many option for making effects that are less time consuming to do that more photographer are trying out the market. I did see several booth that were using the Polaroid transfer technology. One of the Polaroid transfer photographer shot pictures of peoples, trees and old objects.

         The photographers were a very diverse group in technique, style and subject matter. There was a traditional rendition of animals by one photographer that had traveled the globe for many years. There was one photographer who had painted scenes  with bright colors that most people didn't realize they were altered photographs and didn't seem to care. They bought the pictures because they liked them. There were panoramas photographer and nature photographer with leaves close-ups and sunsets and even a close-up of a leaf that turned blue naturally. (Photographer had to explain this unique leaf with some typing on a card ).
There was another nature photographer who had some interesting dramatic shots with glowing colors because he shot pictures of water with time exposures. One photographer had shoots that suggested to me that he was an amateur just starting out on being a being a professional.

      The question is whether the photographers will sell enough to make a go of it. I did observe one group of people who were looking at some large pictures of flowers on white background who suddenly realized that the pictures were photographs and immediately walked away. They were impressed when they thought they were looking at paintings but when they realized they were photographs printed on canvas they didn't think the art works were even worth looking at.

Roy