Re: art and other nonsense?

> First I go through the old process of holding up a photograph of a lemon and
> asking what it is. The correct answer is, of course Ä photograph"

FYI - a variation on this approach is to ask a student to hold a camera to
their eye and to frame some subject in the viewfinder. When asked "what are you
looking at?" if the answer is the name of the object or subject then one can
clarify that what the studnet is really looking at is the image of the object
or person - not the real thing. Photographs are made of images and while images
would not exist without subjects it is useful to remember this "concept"
particularly when it comes to explaining focal plane shutter distortion ala
Lartigue plus other scanning processes especially.

written 1/2 asleep still ... :)
andy