To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:54 AM
Subject: RE: F1.8 versus F1.4 Problem solved.

-----Original Massage----- From: herschel mair

You guys have studiously avoided the question.... Maybe it's because you don't know the answer?????
The 1.4 lens is better.
It's faster

Fasterness means nothing to me. Sharpness is for sissies. Which is heavier and more solid? Those are important qualities with heavier being better of course. Also which one has more small protrusions around the mounting flange. That's important too because my Nickdorf universal mount SLR uses latex caulking to mount lenses and the caulking doesn't adhere well to smooth surfaces.

Greg Fraser
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg