Re: Recomeneded Programs

Don't forget the Genuine Fractals plug-in for Photoshop.

Bill Pettit

-----Original Message-----
From: "Timothy A. Holmes (W8TAH)" <w8tah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: May 2, 2005 9:59 AM
To:
	List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Recomeneded Programs

Hi All:  Thanks so much for the suggestions so far,  configuring this
computer is going to be really enjoyable -- Many of you have suggested
more ram, and I will be looking into that, however I have actually done
quite acceptable photoediting on a much less capable machine (pentium 3
700 with 128 of ram)  it was running windows XP and Photoshop CS.  I
tend to shoot mostly in medium JPG, as this provides an acceptable
compromise between size and resolution for what I am doing.  Raw files
were a real pain on the old machine - LOL

I forgot to mention that I will be using an external CD DVD burner for
backup.

This computer is my traveling box (its a desktop and will be powered
from an inverter) in my truck, so that as I go on photo trips, I can
empty cards etc without hassles.

Please keep the suggestions comming, I am learning a lot