Re: Recomeneded Programs

Hi All: Thanks so much for the suggestions so far, configuring this computer is going to be really enjoyable -- Many of you have suggested more ram, and I will be looking into that, however I have actually done quite acceptable photoediting on a much less capable machine (pentium 3 700 with 128 of ram) it was running windows XP and Photoshop CS. I tend to shoot mostly in medium JPG, as this provides an acceptable compromise between size and resolution for what I am doing. Raw files were a real pain on the old machine - LOL

I forgot to mention that I will be using an external CD DVD burner for backup.

This computer is my traveling box (its a desktop and will be powered from an inverter) in my truck, so that as I go on photo trips, I can empty cards etc without hassles.

Please keep the suggestions comming, I am learning a lot

Don Roberts wrote:

No problem with programs recommended but my first suggestion would be to up your RAM to around 1 Gig. I don't think 256 will handle things very well. At least go to 512 mb.
Don

lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Tim,

Add PaintShopPro for editiing and Picasa for indexing and other
utilities.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.