Re: photography

----- Original Message -----
From: "Achal Pashine"

: I have never seen an option of compressing a raw image in my canon 10D,
thus
: can not understand what you mean by "raw is a compression too". Is it a
: "jpeg-like" downsampling of the original data or just a bit depth
: differences of say 16 bit image vesus 8 bit?
: will try to google but it will be helpful to know the technical details
of
: what it means and what are the logics applied in compression of raw
files.
: thanks,

worth looking at for more info on what some RAW files are:
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/canon_raw.html