Re: Photo forum

this is an interesting thread...i came into this list
on assignment from an ed tech masters i'm taking
online that wanted us to join a list that was of
interest to our studies...given this isn't an ed tech
list should illustrate my interests in being here...i
have recently been required to start a photography
program in my school and this list has brought me
tremendous insight either through my postings of
images or inquiry...given the breadth of the list, i'm
inclined to think that there is a core group of people
who submit to the gallery and converse thus, and there
is another squadron who are interested in other
topics...i have a couple thoughts:

perhaps the contents of the gallery are not
stimulating the input of those outside of the regular
posters (not an opinion or a commentary on the work of
others by any means)

perhaps we should be a bit more specific about our
contributions to the gallery (is it something we're
really proud of or is it an idea we are seeking advice
on)...who's looking for a pat on the back?  who's
posting for the sake of posting?

the most stimulating threads often have little to do
with the gallery and the visible input of
others...though i am not complaining, such threads
produce a rich resource of information and experience,
it just seems that less stimulation comes from the
postings of images than opinions of technology or
integrity of medium...shouldn't all postings (though,
personality does make it a warm place in my opinion)
be directed more at advancing craft?  i fully
understand a design of this forum is also focused on
voaction, but wouldn't that benefit too?

perhaps i don't participate as much as i could, or
maybe others are in the same position...i'm not sure
how much i have given you (given my experience, i
assume very little), but i never want to doubt to
opportunity that lives in this forum...

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham