Re: PF Exhibits on 23 APR 2005

At 12:20 PM -0400 4/23/05, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated APR 23 2005. Authors
with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:

Mark Harris - Tree Flowers

Well, they're not Christmas Cactus, they're actually pussywillow, and they're very lovely. The back light is just the way it should be, the DOF is pretty much OK, a little soft but then it's hard to get that when you shoot something this small in the real world.

Peeter Vissak - Scream

Looks like that in the thumbnail, but when I see it big, it seems like there's a squirrel in the knot of the wood. But the lighting is just too flat for best effect.

Leslie Spurlock -

needs light on the face

Margaret Lucas - hi vol day

check out her page on dbase. This is really neat. Are you shooting this twice a day? At least it's white.... You inspire me to do something similar around our sorry power plant.

Veli Cigirgan -

Boy, I hope there aren't any granite boulders when he's headed. Veli, there's just too much other information in that picture, too much water, too much rock, too much gray.

Pini Vollach - Enter the temple

This is really beautiful. The color palette is ravishing, the punch line at the top, of that long black hair, complements the palette while stealing the eye and the old problem of shooting straight up is obviated by the human figure.

Richard Wrigley - Storm coming

Here the palette is just too flat for my taste. Would have been improved by getting that big bright area into the water under the far side of the bridge. Poor bridge vanishes into the darkness.

Bob Talbot - Cheery Blossom

Bob, you're a sketch. Wind really got everything here - poor cherry trees. Was it really that dark there?

Jeff Spirer - Angel

It's Jeff, for sure. Only he would notice this. Priceless.

Steve Shapiro - Color Photograph Printing School

I'd really like a bit of light on that eye. What a wonderful grafitto for such a facility! Hope the condition of the ventilation is better than that of the exterior of the building.

Andrew Davidhazy - The critics

Andy, you're too funny. I'd never have the nerve to take that shot, especially since one of those women could be me.....

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822