Re: Gallery Review

Looking at those pics (the second bridge link is stunning by the way) makes me feel much better about this one of mine!  http://www.geocities.com/chalk_jockey/lawofaverages

as for the gallery pic you submitted, i too was thrown by the railing and the containers...but i simply love the fog and that popping blue color on the boat that seems to lull with the wake

margaret lucas <maggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi steve,

thanks for the question. the spirit in which it is asked is much
appreciated.

the pic i submitted for this week's gallery is part of a project i've
been working on where the 'intrusions'/'irruptions' are really the
subject. here are a couple of others:

http://www.pbase.com/maggs/image/42072415
http://www.pbase.com/maggs/image/42078272

i may not have chosen the best example to show; also, i may have shown
too soon since i'm still just at the exploring stage of an idea which
has only local relevance.

agree with you, as a standalone image, it would be better with the out
of focus guard rail oot the way.

thanks again for commenting,
maggie

On Apr 17, 2005, at 7:07 PM, SteveS wrote:

> I give Margaret Lucas the best, to achieve better.  One question.  Why
> wasn't the forground railing cropped when making the photograph?
>
> I liked Pink Carnation, too.  The idea of finding a touch of color is
> as dramatic as dynamic light on colorful schemes.
>
> Sorry I can't seem to present my emails with titles.  The title of my
> pic was "On my way to Color Print School, South Park, SF."   That
> makes my @#$% next @#$% one relevant to a series called "Diptyks,
> Triptyks, and Panorama Photography" applicable to me as a filmmaker
> and Cirkut photographer.
>
> Looking forward,
>
> Steve Shapiro, Carmel, CA

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?