To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: gallery review

Achal,

thanks for the review! Of course, actually I took quite a few shots on this occasion. I liked this one because of the silhouette effect, but some of the others are much more original.
Here's one that might fit the bill of "environmental drama": http://www.travelphoto.net/a-photo-a-day/wordpress/wp-content/scotland-picture0062t.jpg .
This one was shot at the same time, also at Loch Morlich and rain just started to fall.
Some other pictures from Scotland: http://www.travelphoto.net/a-photo-a-day/wordpress/category/photos/scotland/ (more to come soon).

Laurenz
http://www.travelphoto.net/
http://www.onlinephotogalleries.com/

Achal Pashine wrote:
Lorenz Bobke: Sunset over Loch Morlich: A nice shot. Very stereotypical though. Would have liked to see the person standing rather than bending, it would have helped the composition. But the person was doing what he was doing, so it is the way it is. If I were you, I would have made the environmental drama a primary subject and the boat a secondary object in the composition by taking a wider view; also would have put the boat in a 3rd rather than right in middle; but that is my view and you have conveyed yours; it is very subjective to say what is right and wrong, only choices that differ.
Thank you all for your submissions and an opportunity to review. They are all wonderful and there are here because you were compelled to shoot what you shot, that is reason enough to celebrate and enjoy them.

Achal Pashine