Re: Tech vs Image

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Spirer" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tech vs Image

At 09:39 PM 4/10/2005, Bob Maxey wrote:
However, I have listened to plenty of photographers telling me they use unsharpness or soft focus to realize their vision.

I've never heard discussions like this, and I know a lot of photographers, people who believe in their vision and do realize it through books and shows in museums and galleries.

They use soft focus because nobody wants a sharp bride; their vision is different than my "vision."

Odd example - this is a commercial issue and has nothing to do with vision. It has to do with expectations of wedding photos, which is about as far removed as any sort of concept of vision as I can recall.

If you don't like the word vision, use idea communication or something like that. What makes a series of photographs personal rather than simple record shots or eye charts.

Jeff Spirer

Never heard of unshap pictures? Sony offers a $30,000.00 lens adapter for digital movie cameras to 'soften' the image of the digital lens capture.

Lots of discussion and literature on that. Hey! There's even a CD on it. fancy that.

S.