Re: Tech vs Image

<<Note the two sentences? I said, "All photographers have a vision." Fact is, they do. Just listen to a gaggle of gathered grand photographers, and it is vision this, vision that. Their images come from their soul, their vision is . . . Give me a break. >>

You are listening to artists' talking not photographers ;o)

Mozt photographers I know (defined by them owning cameras and taking snapshots:) have never stated they have a vision, they take pictures, period.  I take Jeff's point about vision well though: for people that care about composition when they take a photo, there is a part of the photographer that enters the picture.  It's more comples these days because with the all-pervasive PhotoShoppery there is room for the vision to enter later :o0

its overstating it IMO to say that all or even most have a vision.

<<My picture of The long gone Salt Lake Telegram Building is simply a picture of an old building and nothing more. No vision, just a record photograph of an old facade.>>
Hahahahah ... you just have not realised yet.  That is YOUR vision.

<< I was talking about what I look for. In a word, Sharpness. Regardless, it will always be sharpness. It is my cross to bear.>>
In the post-PhotoShop world I hve less and less reason to attempt to capture blurry (out of focus or low depth of field) images in camera.  There is no need.  I can take a sharp image and create my hazy, grainy, "vision" later :o).   Going the reverse route is all but impossible - and is totally impossible if images are saved as jpeg at only 8-bits per channel!

<<I have no vision. I want sharpness.>>
You have no vision.
I'm not an artist.
Whadda we doing here?   :o)