Re: Lesson collection

I once pulled an article out of some photo magazine, about 8 years ago, and filed it in one of the binders I keep those types of things in. I never thought I'd need it, and I never yet have. But the subject is relevant here - it was about photographer's block.

The remedy suggested in the article was to impose serious limitations on what you're doing - in this case the author suggested permitting yourself a single shot per day. Now that is only one possible limitation, Marilyn's wonderful idea about shooting an entire roll from a single spot is another. And a series of these sorts of exersizes could be quite interesting, indeed. Imagine shooting the same situation through a complete seasonal cycle, or once every hour, or starting lying down and moving up 6 inches per shot until you've exhausted the resources of a step ladder. So many variations you could fill a month of each semester course for 20 years!
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx