Re: PF Exhibits on 02 APR 05

It seems to me very important to connect what PS does with what happens in a darkroom. Using PS without that point of reference probably confuses and inhibits new photographers no end. How can one comprehend the dodge and burn tool if you have no idea what dodging and burning are? How can you manage color channels if you haven't a clue about the concept of assembling a tint from disparate others?

There's a lot one can figure out by classes, reading, experimenting, eavesdropping on conversations. But getting the whole picture in focus quickly really starts in the darkroom, to me.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx