To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: Bait and Switch?

I just wouldn't take any kind of persnal offense at Adobe's efforts to get rid of stock. It's just a business move, having nothing to do with you or me or any individual.

As I understand it there's no switch here. If you want CS, buy it; if it's cheaper later, well that's the luck of the draw. If you want CS 2, move on up to that.

My hunch is that the professional users will move on up the upgrade path, having bought into CS when it came out, and the amateurs will pick and choose between Elements and CS as they become more involved with processing their images, or buy cameras which offer RAW capture.

Loss leaders, and stock reduction offers are just a fact of life, not an affront to any person or group of prospective customers.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx