Re: Web Page Info

Russ,

You can get your domain name from one place and have your site hosted somewhere else. It used to be that there was only one domain name registrar, but that was changed and they seem to be all over the place. Prices vary, so I would go with the best price for the registrar.

As for a hosting service, the best price may or may not translate to the best service. My site has been hosted with dogbark.com for a couple years now and I have been very happy with their customer service, and I've never seen my site down once in that time. That's worth it to me for the little more they cost than some other hosts. They also play host to a lot of other photographers and artsy types.

Do you have a particular domain name in mind? I see that russbaker.com is already taken, as are rebaker.com and rebphoto.com. russelbaker.com, however, is available. Give a lot of thought to what domain name you will go for. I recommend keeping it short and as easy to remember as possible. I use my name--if people know my name they can find my Website.

Cheers,

Rich