Camerz & Novatron

I acquired a Camerz ZII camera and 2 non-perforated 35mm magazines (as well as 15 100' rolls of film) and a couple of Novatron 500 powerpacks and some heads.

I would like to test the camera and lights but I don't really want to blow 100' of film to do it. Does anyone know if its possible to load a 36 exp roll of film into the 100' magazine (after removing the 36 exp roll from its casing). Well, I'm sure its possible but will the camera function properly?

The Novatron power pack has a switch for 500 or 125 watt/seconds. I always equated watt/seconds to light output but my light meter gives me the same reading no matter what the switch is set at.  If I have 3 heads connected to a 500 watt/second power pack, is the combined output 500 watt/seconds or 1500 watt/seconds or is watt/seconds not really a measure of light output?

One thing's for sure, I'm loving having this much light at my disposal. Up until now all I've had for portrait work was a couple of ac strobes that you screw into a light socket and old Kodak Sun Gun movie lights. I used to shoot at f5.6. With the Novatron lights I had to put 5 sheets of cloth over the head and shoot through an umbrella and even then the widest I could set my aperture was f16. Perhaps a bigger studio area is needed. Maybe I can convince the wife we really don't need a dining room table.

Greg Fraser