To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:14 AM
Subject: Re: Fill flash

well Marilyn i did just the same a few weeks back at a camera club meet...

make sure class understands shutter time...
then pull out a camera lens and show then how the aperture is form and the various sizes...9similar to the funnel trick)
then you tell them that flash duration is 1/10000 to 1/50000 of a sec...so no matter how fast the shutter workst, all the flash light will enter being so speady...so the way the photographer can control is varying the aperture....

then i procceeded to tell them the flash balance method and calculation, making sure that they had brought their cameras booklets...all this is in there allright ready for future reference.

then i made clear that the photographer does not fool the flash unit but makes the camera to get as much light from the flash as from environment...

then proceed to tell them of barely eliminating the shadows with the -1 aperture stop and not speed stop...

scedule a workshop for the next class with various exercises (will e-mail you my scedule in a later date if need be)

2 points..this methods works very well for the pop up units, and bewre of the cameras that work on second curtain slow sync...

that all, kostas

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!