Re: PF Exhibits on 19 MAR 05

The Photoforum gallery is at
<http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html>.

Comments on this week's pictures:

Jeff Spirer -- John Hammond -- Now *there's* some extreme lighting!
And a lovely photo.  There's an amazing amount of detail in that eye,
even.

Peeter Vissak -- Bullfinches at my window -- I'm a sucker for pictures
of birds in flight.  The wing feather action is just *so* cool.  And
the bright red breast of the other is a nice bit of color.  And you
seem to have *very* little flare with that lens :-).

Steve Shapiro -- I like that.  I don't see so many pictures of
rainbows over water.  And there are even some bits of reflections,
which is nice.

Emily L. Ferguson -- Methodist Church -- I'd have to say you didn't
correct the verticals sufficiently here; the sides are definitely
leaning in!  I wanted to complain about the exposure, but on
consideration the subject is as much the reflections in the windows as
the church, and you need the exposure you used for those.

WRGill -- Humbolt County Redwoods -- This look Technicolor garish, and
also just slightly unsharp to me.

Pini Vollach -- Skeleton Coast -- Wow, that's quite a lot of
wreckage.  From more than one ship?

Bob Talbot -- Worship -- That's rather cool.  Are you familiar with
the story of St. Vidicon of the Cathode?  (fiction)

Christopher Strevens -- Blackie -- Nice handling of the black fur,
which is often a problem.  Looks like the DOF doesn't *quite* extend
to the eyes unfortunately.

Andrew Davidhazy -- Cold -- Less cold than the last cold picture :-).
But very nice.  Such a huge bank of trees all still covered with snow,
and the mostly unmarked field of snow, is quite an opportunity.  In
fact, it just snowed a bunch here, maybe I should take the camera out
this morning.

Thanks to all who participated in the Gallery this week (that means
those who submitted photos, those who worked to get it arranged and
posted, and everybody who does comments and participates in the
discussion of the photos, by the way!).