To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: New Problem

Sounds like a virus/trojan
Are you protected against those?

At 10:33 AM 3/15/05, you wrote:
Has anyone had this problem, and if so, how was it fixed?

When my husband uses his dial up connection on his computer the connection is made. But then when he opens his browser he keeps getting the "cannot find server" page. I tried my old browser I used on his computer and the same thing happens. He uses Netscape. I used Internet Explorer. We tried removing all the old files and reinstalling the software, nothing. We ran a virus check, nothing. He ran the defragmenter, nothing. I did a systems check and found 2 error messages but have no idea what they mean. We also got some sort of damaged hardware message when we reinstalled the Internet software, but we don't know what hardware it's talking about. Everything works fine on my computer but not on his, and so far, I can't seem to find any help with an Internet search.

Thanks in advance.

Shyrell Melara

For the Quality You Deserve!
Melara Family Photography
http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com
http://datingsearch.lycos.com

Pablo Coronel Ph.D. Candidate Food Science Department North Carolina State University Room 39 Schaub Hall, Box 7624 Raleigh, NC, 27695

Phone (919) 515-4410
Fax (919) 515-7124
e-Fax (419) 818-7590
e-mail pcorone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx