Re: PF Exhibits on 12 MAR 05

--- ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was
> updated MAR 12 2005. Authors
> with work now on display at
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:

Alan Zinn
First class or coach?
Catchy title, I can only imagine what he's reaching
into his back pocket for.  Is the USAF really that
hard off?  Reminds me of the days when they had the
air show in Kalamazoo.

Emily L. Ferguson
Claiborne Pell bridge at night
Great potential on this one I think.  A lot of sky
detail was lost either in transmission or my monitor.
I also wish the shore line wasn't there, but there
doesn't seem to be much room to crop.  Neat
reflection.

Per Ofverbeck
Chilly...
Chilly indeed...I really like this one, although it's
taken me some time to warm up to it!  I was thrown off
at first by the blending of sky and snow, but the
distant snowy hill brings it all together for me.
Unique and successful composition.

Bob Talbot
Mary
Blue and pink, she looks relaxed.  Not so sure about
the empty field to the left.  Something on the wall
would have been distracting, but something there
wouldn't leave it so sparse.  I like that you left the
edge on the image.

Pini Vollach
Window of the long house
Pretty, well exposed.  Maybe it was the construction
of the building, but the doorway seems a bit crooked.
The thatched roof of the next structure takes away
from the scenery a bit.  Nice touch with the bananas.

Christopher Strevens
Summer On Box Hill
Dreamy.  My pick of the week.  I really like how the
dying leaf is the only one remotely in focus.  Sort of
a reality away from the living dream.

Terry L. Mair
Bride
Lovely portrait, but I can't figure out what she's
looking at...the hem of the dress?

Mark Harris
Christmas Cactus Flowers
The christmas cactus flower deserves more detail than
that.  Although the natural lighting is superb, it
just seems a little too close for my taste.

Andrew Davidhazy
Lesley
This makes me recall John's contribution several
months back of a picture his father took of him years
ago.  In both cases, the film has held up quite
fine...this one looks a little cold for me.  The
lighting seems excessive in an examining room sort of
way, and the color for the background seems to suck
every ounce of warmth from the image.  She looks cold,
exposed, and uncomfortable in a way that resembles
someone pushing aside their dignity for the sake of survival.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham