Re: Just curious -- monitor resolution

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris"
: You can see them with a hand magnifier.  Actual dots! Dots, red, green
and
: blue unless you have a Trinitron in which case it is little vertical bars
: Dots..... Dots.... Dots.... Dots....

you're referring to the rgb triads/pixels and the dot pitch or stripe
pitch - the specs vary from maker to maker but my monitor has a stripe
pitch of 0.24mm - that means I have 104 pixels per inch or 312 sub pixels
per inch

Native resolution: The physical structure of some types of displays,
including LCDs and plasma panels, defines how many pixels can be displayed
at once. The display produces the sharpest picture when used at its
so-called native resolution. Other types of displays, such as CRTs, create
pixels independently of the physical structure of their screens and do not
have a native resolution. As a result, a CRT's image quality is generally
the same across a range of resolutions.