RE: Just curious -- monitor resolution

Hi all,

I really wonder where this 72 dpi myth comes from. In addition to monitors
having different resolutions and fixed physical sizes, as there are no "ink
dots" on a monitor, the term "dpi", by itself is a misnomer.

It must be an ancient belief rooted deep in some old pre-press technology,
and as all ancient beliefs it is quoted as a fact, and accepted by a very
big population.

Maybe somebody knows better.

Veli Izzet Cigirgan