Re: Just curious -- monitor resolution

Elgenper <elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I seem to be in a minority here: I use my Apple CRT monitor at 1200 x
> 1600 for everything, including mail.  When designing my web pages
> (which I´ve sadly neglected to update), I had to constantly open them
> with other machines and monitors to make sure the layout worked with
> lower resolutions too.

Probably not -- I specifically asked for people here using lower
resolutions, so mostly the responses are from them.

I run my 21" at 1600x1200, and my 17" at 1280x1024.  Even my laptop is
a 1280x800 (widescreen), just barely over 1200.

Several of the people using lower resolutions on big monitors talked
about font sizes, indicating to me they don't know how to adjust the
screen appearance fully.  Sure, I find the default font sizes a bit
small at the highest resolutions, too; so I'm not running the default
font sizes.