Stuff to pass the time - Infrared, Adams, Neutral - FY amusement

In case you are interested in material about Adams, IR or ND here is a way to
pass the time. I received the following questions recently:

ITEM 1

> I'm an Italian photographer, I graduated last year at Brescia Fine Arts
> Academy where now I teach Fine Art Photography. With my teacher I did, until
> two years ago, some photographic services with Infrared Film for art
> diagnostics. Now we have to do them again, we tried with the same film, Kodak
> High Speed Infrared HIE 135, but we didn't obtain anything, we can't see
> behind the painting. We use also the same lamps at 3400K.  I used Nikon
> camera with 60mm Micro with IR Filter 093 B+W (Black) In Italy we don't have
> the developer Kodak D19 because now is not imported and so I have to use
> HC110. Perhaps this developer isn't good for infrared? Or I have to use a red
> filter? The film is always the same? I don't know what I have to do. We will
> grateful to you if you can help us. Thank you very much. Best regards. CF

To receive by email a copy of the response to the above question proceed as
follows:

1. prepare and email for:      ritphoto@xxxxxxx
2. In the Subject line state:  INFRARED
3. In message body say:        send
4. send it

ITEM 2

> I obtained a couple of neutral density eclipse filters that I would
> like to try some very long exposures with as otherwise they'll go to waste.
> They are so dense that it is impossible to meter TTL, so does anyone know
> how many stops compensation a ND filter with an optical density of 5.4
> requires (I believe that an ND8 had a density of about 0.9).

To receive by email a copy of the response to the above question proceed as
follows:

1. prepare and email for:      ritphoto@xxxxxxx
2. In the Subject line state:  NEUTRAL
3. In message body say:        send
4. send it

ITEM 3

Finally, if you just want to read about some thoughts by Ansel Adams on the
Inception of a Photograph you can also obtain this material as follows:

To receive by email a copy of Adams' text regarding this topic proceed as
follows:

1. prepare and email for:      ritphoto@xxxxxxx
2. In the Subject line state:  ADAMS
3. In message body say:        send