Re: Oz hospitals thoughts

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:21:12 +0800, karl shah-jenner
<shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>Apparently some hospitals in Queensland Australia have banned cameras from
>maternity wards, then they proceeded to set up commercial photo businesses
>to do the portraits
>
>nice monopoly, not!
>
>does anyone know of any such instances of this sort of behavious elsewhere?
>Keep in mind these are government hospitals run on public health funding

Don't worry, people all have cellphones now and they will use them!
Imagine growing up and having only these low res crappy cellphone
images of you as a baby. Sigh. It's already happening.

Maybe they are concerned about stupid people blinding their babies
with flashes. That would be my concern as well.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography,
  http://easternbeaver.com/