RE: advice on digital P&S needed

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:19:09 -0700, lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote/replied to:

>I don't know anything about import/export rules to Japan but, couldn't a
>friend just send you a camera from the U.S or Canada? Or how about US
>military PX?
>
>It would be like shipping sand to the beach :-)

Did I ever mention that I ordered my 100-400L IS from Adorama in the
States? It was cheaper even after shipping, and has a worldwide
warranty. Strange but true.

The trouble here is the only place to really buy something used is
Yahoo auctions and they are becoming more and more a seller of new
stuff.

Whereas back home there's plenty of places you might find a used
camera - newspaper classifieds, coin laundries, supermarket bulletin
boards, etc. Nothing like that exists here.

Anyway I'm going to see if we can find a used IXY200 or something like
that here for less than $200 and live with it.

Thanks everyone for the helpful hints.

I'm going off list soon, cause I'm moving to Canada soon. I'll be
sending some nature photos to the gallery soon of some real nature.
I'm moving to B.C.!

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography,
  http://easternbeaver.com/