advice on digital P&S needed

I want to buy a digital camera for my wife. I don't need lots of
megapixels. Likely I will buy a used camera, mostly it's for shooting
her auction stuff and for her webpages.

The camera must focus close.

The camera must be able to turn off the flash.

The camera must be able to under or over expose.

I was thinking of a used Canon G2, anyone have any other choice? We
want to keep the price down but likely with manual controls we'd have
to get a bit more than a basic model.

Does the IXY satisfy the above requirements? I always liked those
little cameras but I don't know much about them.

Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography,
  http://easternbeaver.com/