Re: My Computer Graphic

Title: Re: My Computer Graphic
At 12:14 -0500 2/17/05, dave6134@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
And how about a flatbed scanner? Eight or nine years ago I submitted an  image produced by a flatbed scanner and remarked it was 100 percent digital.  Someone,who is still on the list, commented that such a thing was not possible

     the classic definition of a photograph is something that's been drawn or painted with light (from the greek: photo, light and graph, to draw) regardless of the *camera* used....here's a little treatise from Wikipedia:

Most photographs are made with a camera, which focuses the light onto either photographic film or a CCD or CMOS image sensor. Photographs can also be made by placing objects on photosensitive paper and exposing it to light (the result is often called a photogram) or by placing objects on the platen of a flatbed scanner (see scanner art).

    therefore I think it stands to reason that an image constructed of binary code is not a photograph and more properly belongs in another venue.

Thanks to Andy....and Chris....for opening up this discussion....it's been most.....enlightening

Jim
Baja Oregon