Re: Chris's computer graphic - reality?

Just a thought - should images that have no connection
to reality be shown in our photography gallery?

andy

In a message dated 2/16/05 4:31:21 AM Central Standard Time, nimbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

However the consensus is that I should desist in my computer graphics for
this forum and I'll try to remember to abide by that rule in future.

I'll send another (real) photo for next week shortly to replace the totally
computer generated graphic I've just sent, even though the model I "created"
has been described as "gorgeous" by my friends.

Chris.

ANDY,

Thanks for asking for the opinions of all members as to what should be included on the P. F. Photo Gallery!  Most websites are not so democratic.

REALITY in photographs has never been a problem for me --  as the first time I ever picked up a camera I wanted to show others what they could not see for themselves.

Angles, filters, perspective, lighting, cropping, darkroom tricks and outright physical retouching have been as interesting as the actual photographic scene.

Is a light that flashes at 1/10,000 of a second real?  YES!  All of Our inventions to expand the mind to actually see the dreams and ambitions We have envisioned were Real the moment they were conceived  (oops - sorry, i will try to calm down).

These digital computer generated images do not offend me -- esp when they are done to look like a photograph.  They are a valuable learning tool that can be used to make the - Photographic Vision More Real!

This technical advancement debate will become as passe as >film Vs Digital< because our kids will be watching images with this  (- - - blah -- blah  -- blah  - - - ) !!

I would not want to see this kind of computer graphic desist from the Forum and I appreciate any insight to new mediums that I have not yet learned about.  I think I have learned -something- from almost all of the images posted on the P. F. Gallery.

   jIMMY