Re: Chris's computer graphic

James B. Davis wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:25:43 -0500 (EST), LScottPht@xxxxxxx
wrote/replied to:

I'm sorry, but I just don't know how you can say that a picture created entirely on the computer is a photograph. That would be graphic art or computer-generated art or something. Not a "photograph". Just my thoughts.

I'm with you Leslie. Send the 'computer generated images' to another
gallery.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography,
http://easternbeaver.com/

It seems to be largely ignored that Chris said only the figure is generated by a human using a computer. The background image is a photo created in a camera. Now I don't really like the Bryce figures; I find them to be wooden and sort of creepy. But, in this case, they exist in a photographic world. Now if Chris also generated the scenery in Bryce, which is easily doable, I could understand all of the criticism. Thus far that has not been the case. Personally, I don't appreciate the results but it seems that it belongs in this forum as much as any Photoshop doctored image.
Don

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Vernon Wormer