Gallerie Reveu di 2005-02-12

Fine art on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html
includes:

Qkano - Crab Spider
Which?  Crab or spider?

Srinivasa Rao Regeti - Town of Warrenton
Faux sepia effect gives a warm feel to this pleasant little image.

I kind of like looking at if but if I try to analyse why I can't see
why I should.

I get a small sensation of to leaning left a little: I suspect because
of the camera being tilted up to take the shot (convergence) and the
shop doorway being aligned with the right edge of  the frame. It's not
unpleasant though.

Herschel Mair - Camel trader in Oman
Nice portrait: I don't mind he's not looking at the camera. Certainly
has a look of "character" about him.

Emily L. Ferguson - No fish
Fun silhoette. Think it works as it is but still suspect it would have
been far more powerful with just the fisherman.  I like the aerial
perspective given by the haze.

Rich Mason - Forest
Sorry, can't comment on this, it's not a real forest :o)

OK, yup, well taken.  I was looking on the beach at Brighton only the
other week and there sure are a lot of interesting patterns to be
found (discovered?) in the sand.
A very effective abstract all the same. Looks more like tendons than
trees though.

Laurenz Bobke - Luxor Sunrise
Maybe it was like that (hazy) but it looks a bit too hazy (washed
out?) for me.
Heck, it was Velvia as well, I would have expected that to exaggerate
any contrast there and certainly enhance the saturation.

I feel I'm deprived of seeing the ground for no good reason, maybe
there was something there you needed to exclude.

If I could move the baloon I would place it higher and left.

Sorry, it's not growing on me.

Brian van den Broek - A Pillar of Society
OPA?

OK, maybe it is but so what?  Patterns in sand are god's art and the
photographer just records them :o)

It's cropped, straightened etc in Picassa.
Do I like the picture enough to hang it on the wall?  No.

Err, OK, it still seems to lack something though.  Texture in the
stone?  Contrast?
Or is it the point of focus which seens to be higher up than the
scultpture's face.

Terry L. Mair - Early morning Timp
As shown I'm getting little out of this.  The interest is in the far
mountains but at the size shown I can barely make out any detail.
It's all a bit too symmetrical and predicatable for me to really like
it.  Sure, it's OK, but I'm looking for images to rave about.

Pini Vollach - Hands
Focus seems soft on the baby's face which is where I would expect it
to be.  The woman's shirt is pin-sharp.  The subject matter - fine by
me -  but apart from it saying "this is a baby having a drink" it's
not giving me any other associations - unlike last's week's image.

Christopher Strevens - Judy
I'm left speechless.  The edge-effects are interesting, makes it look
like the emulsion was applied with a paint scraper..  It's a rendered
image (?).

> There are 3 photographs (by Polly, Shipman and Talbot)
OOOPS!  Looks like I broke the rules (having sent in my next pic
before the first appeared in the gallery).  Sorry Andy, I blame the
NHS!

Bob