Re: Mitsui Gold Disks

I pick mine up here:
http://store.mam-a-store.com/standard---archive-gold.html
and use them for archival purposes. I'll let you know in 300 years....

Seriously though, it's what, a $1-1.50 difference to use these versus el-cheapos? If you're backing up a paid job, that's a no-brainer. I've seen Fuji-brand and other no-label brand CD-Rs deteriorate in a few short years. I've not been working with the MAM-As as long but they do have an appearance of higher quality and all that mumbo jumbo about the gold reflective layer and the dye that isn't supposed to break down as fast clicks with my brain so I've made the switch.

Oh yeah, and these are manufactured in the good old USA!

-Tim
www.imagefactoryphotography.com