Re: Nikon D70 package, good deal??

Microdrives are inferior to solid state compact flash cards, they have a higher
failure rate. They once had appeal because you could get more megabytes for your
dollar, but not so much anymore. If you're going to be running around and trekking
through the Amazon, I'd recommend you consider the Sandisk Extreme product. I have
them and have had zero issues. Can't say the same for my old microdrives. Also
consider the 24-85 lens and how it duplicates coverage of your 17-85 and the .45x
converter is just a screw-in type, not the highest optical quality. You originally
mentioned you'd want to submit the best quality for magazines...I don't think the
accessories of this kit are consistent with your originally stated quality goals.
The kit for $1299 (orignally) is a great deal. I know B&H & other reputable dealers
sell it for less now. Sandisk Extreme 512 cards can be had for $60 through B&H.

-Tim
www.imagefactoryphotography.com

On Thu Feb  3  8:46 , LScottPht@xxxxxxx sent:

tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>I wouldn't go for it. Buy the kit from B&H and build on high quality accessories
as
>you are able. These accessories are in general cheap and undesireable considering
>your 'pro' needs.
>OK, thanks! I just thought it was nice that not only did I get the Nikkor lense
the others all offered, but I got a 4GB Microdrive and 3 additional lenses.  Leslie