Re: pulling Tri-X ?

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:05:04 +0200, "kpp@xxxxxxxxxx" <kpp@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>hi all1 didanyone of you has ever pulled Tri-x to 100 ASA?
>
>you guessed correctly, i chose the wrong setting, and now i got to find the proper dev time...
>I recall that one Greek mag suggested lowering the dev time by 33% for each stop, but that seems kinda a lot of...

think about the highlights on the roll. chances are they'll be fine if
you dev normally. if the shots were taken in harsh sunlight then you
will have to dev much less, but if the light was fairly flat and
highlights aren't the most important thing, I'd say 20% time
reduction. 50% if they are important.

You could also dilute the dev with more water to lower the contrast,
but since you don't actually have a roll to play with.

There's an idea though. If what you shot is really important, shoot
another test roll the same and develop it first. Adjust according to
results.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography,
  http://easternbeaver.com/