Film/holder inquiry

I've recently purchased an Arca Swiss 5x7...being in
Egypt, you can get metric items and hence my 13x18
film holders.  Here's an interesting one, the film I
buy is Kodak TMAX 100 in 13cm x 18cm size...i measure
a neg and it is exactly 5"x7"...someone have an
explanation for this?  or are the two sizes that close
to each other...i've heard you can use 5x7 film in a
13x18 holder, but not 13x18 in a 5x7 holder...

one more:  i'm repairing the light leaks in the film
holders and need to replace the felt at the slide
slot, any particular types of glue recommended? not
recommended?  and, does anybody know how to find

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham