From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Talbot
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 1:05 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: PF Galleries on 15 JAN 05

> What about mine? I'm told by the powers that be that most overlook
the
> series gallery... Seems to be true.
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/cgi-bin/gallery-x/index.html

Dean

I do try to comment on the main gallery most weeks but Gallery X does indeed
get missed.

Since you ask though, I wouldn't normally comment unless I really liked what
I was shown, I din't like the treatment at all.

Sorry, it just looked like amateurish PhotoShoppery and for me had probably
spoiled what could have been a good set of pictures.

I read what you said about rendering them unidentifiable, but actually I was
left thinking: if you want a painterly effect then a paintbrush is the first
tool to try :)

Sorry, but you asked.

Bob