Re: PF Galleries on 15 JAN 05

Some very personal opinions:

Robert G. Earnest -
eye-catching. Still, I wouldn't worry about the bike too much in that situation. Even if I did, I'd prefer a non-nuclear repair option. Photographically, I don't like the dark part of a sky scaroper in the upper left - I find it distracting.
The perspective, the posture of the person and the colour contrast are great, however. I'm not quite sure why the legs are more blurred than the rest of the body though?

Qkano - NABS
baeutiful, 'old-fashioned' sunset, with an attractive sky, although I'm not sure about putting the sun exactly in the centre (for my taste it should be larger if it is in this position) and the horizon in the middle of the image.
Together with the fact that the only diagonal in the picture is almost horizontal, this creates very little tension.

Terry L. Mair - Cotton Woods on Spring creek very nice but a little bit too high-key for my taste.

John Mason - Figures by Allan Hauser
The flash is a bit harsh: the first sculpture comes out quite well, but the white areas in the faces of the second scultpture are distracting.
I would prefer a shot of only the group in the foreground.

Barry Marsh - Ichthyosaur Skull (part)
Technically perfect - but mostly of interest in a scientific context, I guess.

               Emily L. Ferguson -
seems abit dark on my monitor. I wonder: does anybody actually live there?

               Laurenz Bobke - Evening Train
well, I'm awaiting comments!

David Small - Coffee break
A fascinating portrait. I wonder what kind of work he's having a break from? A leather jacket, a woollen cap and latex gloves? In any case, the light is perfect and brings out the expression well. Please tell us more about this shot!

Trevor Cunningham - neighbor's kid Surreal. I like it, though I'd prefer a little bit more of the childs face.

Leslie Spurlock - Billy, A Rebel
Again, the normalcy of madness... Very good shot, but I would crop off the guy on the left-hand side.

Peeter Vissak -
Nice and abstract, but a bit too crowded for me - again I'd suggest a bit of cropping.

Laurenz

----- Original Message ----- From: "ADavidhazy" <andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>