Re: Nikon SLR error message

At 14:29 -0800 1/2/05, trevor cunningham wrote:
A member of another list I'm on has the following issue with his "Nkon SLR" (don't know what model):
His camera has froze and his (LCD?) display gives the message F-EE... what does this mean? Should he go
digital? (had to throw that one in myself) ;)

I've had a lot of luck, when everything else failed, with reading the manual. Page 148 of the Nikon F5 manual under *Troubleshooting* (and it just occured to me...is that one word...or two????) states that if the LCD panel shows a blinking F-EE the cause and remedy is * In Programmed Auto or Shutter-Priority exposure mode, lens is not set to the smallest aperature setting. Set lens to the smallest aperture*

Jim
Baja Oregon