Re: Film vs Digital a magnificantly presented opinion

Ditto to everything in this article.  Thank you for posting such extensive
research.  It clearly seems to present the definitive statement on Digital
versus Film in photography.

Only two bones to pick:  First.  I sincerely believe we need to change the
terminology from 'digital' to electronic.  I.E. Electronic capture instead
of digital capture.  Second.  It is patently not true that professionals
don't use negative film.  The negative gives far greater range than reversal
film, and has a greater capability for manipulation.

While, for me, the asset of film is that a most completely hand made work of
art is more gratifying.  It is simply my own feeling, my own opinion.

This article presents the greatest asset in the references to back up the
opinion expressed with supporting material.

Kudos on such a fine bit of research and development of an opinion, well
rounded and supportive of both sides of the issue.

Steve Shapiro, Carmel, CA

"The computer is going to offer great advances to photography."  Ansel
Adams, who added "I only wish I would live long enough to make use of this
technology."