Wedding Photography (UPDATE)

Thanks one and all for the great advice! I did get my deposit.
At the rehearsal, the bride to be was upset about the request for cash
and asked her dad for a loan. She then left with him and didn't come back
so I talked to her mother and pastor about the plans for the next day. I
was my entirely 'sweet' self as usual and they seemed fine. The next day
I decided to go to the reception hall before the wedding so I wouldn't
have to shoot tables, decorations and cake around a lot of people. Turns
out I used to work with the cake baker's husband at our local Wal-Mart a
few years back. I had also painted a portrait of their daughter who had
died.
Nezt, I hurried over to the church and talked to the bride's mom telling
her where I'd just come from and who I'd seen, relating that I had worked
with him in the past. So mom says, "I thought I recognized you! I worked
at Wal-Mart when you were there, too!" So mom was even more pleased and
after a few pre wedding shots of the bride, she was won over as well. All
things went like clockwork and I can't wait to get the proofs back. This
is my passion, photography! Been doing it 40 years this coming June. (I
was 13 when I got my first camera) Gotta love it!
Thanks again.
Shyrell