Re: NGS Photography Workshops

Thanks for the info. Most of the responses to this post strayed to another topic completely!

Roger,

An acquaintance (my wife's work colleague) recently attended the NGS workshop in Santa Fe, along with his wife. From my understanding, his wife is an amateur and he's an advanced amateur. He said that the majority of the class fell into the advanced amateur range, with a few amateurs and a couple of professionals. Most of the people in his class used film cameras, but a few used digital cameras, so it seems possible to take your digital camera to a session that's listed as not necessarily specializing in digital (consider checking in with NGS on this matter). He felt that most of the training was aimed at the advanced amateur level; I don't know if this is typical or because the staff adapted to the needs of the majority of the students. He really raved about the whole expedition, enjoyed it immensely, and spoke of possibly doing one of the other sessions away from Santa Fe.

Good luck,

Tim!

-- _______________________________________ R. Eichhorn Professor Emeritus University of Houston Fax: 713-743-4503 Tel: 713-743-4383 email: eichhorn@xxxxxx