Re: the end is nayy...and gallery review

Well, I'm not going to limit my opinion of this week's gallery to the phrase "crap images."  Frankly, this is just a crap attitude.  I found a variety of imaegs that had redeeming qualities (excluding mine, which is crap, but I'm a bit giddy since I'm actually beginning to mildy function in PS and my efforts make me proud of the image).

Veli Cigirgan
Old City Jerusalem, Jewish Quarter
The image really doesn't grab me so much.  I find the color a little dull and the structure in the bottom left a bit distracting.  But it is nice to see an image from the Middle East that isn't showing some form of aftermath or emergency vehicles, and illustrates the normal life that everyday people lead.

Pini Vollach
Tea Cups
I like the limited range of color in this shot.  I'm also impressed that you were able to find a tea set that didn't have gold accents.  Also, good job at hiding yourself from reflection.

Per Ofverbeck
I'd like permission from you to use this in my class as an example of long depth of field.  Nice exposure too.  Although the water in the spoon would have been well complemented by raindrops on the picnic table as well.

Gregory david Stempel
Narrows Bridge No. 2
One of my favorites this week, I'm really taken by the faint relection of the light off of X in the suspension tower.  It gives it sort of a 1940's, exaggerated verticals with aerial search lights, appeal.

Trevor Cunningham
blueberry pickin'
Rubbish!  My friend's wife has just received the medium format schneider lens from Jessop's and it will be here in Cairo before Halloween.  Until then, corners will be blurred and much cropping is done as I'm limited to a 35mm format lens.  With Lea's helpful input (thank you), and a new knowledge of how to use layers in PS I have learned how to snazzy-up such less than par images :) ...can't wait for that lens!  I have some Dakota Badlands images that simply need the right equipment for justice to be done.

Elisha Page
Dancing with light
I'm torn.  I really like the color and the movement.  Then again, it's an accident that happens to work for you.  I really suppose that's all that matters.

Deen Hameed
Yugi-Oh! Green Eyes Black Dragon
Cats are the coolest animals on the planet.  Nice eye capture, but the surrounding seems like a filter of some sort.  I'd like it better if it were darker, accentuate the evil.

David Small
Lines Crossed
Sorry, just not getting into the low res thing.  Come to think of it, even if it were crisp, I wouldn't be interested in a picture of a woman on a mobile...unless she was being electrocuted.

Emily L. Ferguson
blunt-leaved milkweed
I don't know which I'm more impressed by, the image or the labor involved in obtaining it!  Like the wispy, like the background.

Peeter Vissak
Self-portrait on the kitchen window
Now, is that one of the new Russian digitals that runs on natural gas?  Nice plants...how's the pH in your soil there?

Howard Leigh
Fallen Leaf
What has it fallen on?

Laurenz Bobke
Kyoto Theatre Scene
Great colors.  Would have loved a close-up of her hands.

Qkano <snapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<>
I'll submit another review the day i can do so without feeling the need to pick nits.

Frankly, with crap images what more is there to do?

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?